Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 34: El Campello harbour, the Mercado and sle

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 34: El Campello harbour, the Mercado and sleeping beauties
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 23:22:44 +0200
Hi Nathan, , , and all,

From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=282

Alt-1: a beautiful place to live. And perfectly balanced exposure, in what I
consider a difficult metering situation.

Alt-2: lovely contrast of subtle tones! Reminds me of another (superb)
picture of a previous PAW.

Alt-3: that cat looks tiny... but fierce ;^)

Alt-13: great expressions and timing... but the one at the left was what
caught my attention the first time.

Alt-15: I like fish ;^) Since I know that strange colour from the
flourescents used by fishmonger, the WB seem pretty good! Was the M8 in
auto-WB? Also noticed the 'Corazón de Jesús' on the wall...

Alt-14: yummy! And some clarification...

From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>What are those "Carabincro" thingis at 36 Euros [US$50] seen in the

>penultimate photo?

That should read 'carabinero' = Plesiopenaeus Edvardsianus, AFAIK. Not
langostas (aka lobster), but bigger than shrimps -- up to 25 cm / 10 in.
long. In Christmas time they can reach 58 EUR / kg (!)
Nice pics, as usual. Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)