Re: [OM] Tears of joy and sadness

Subject: Re: [OM] Tears of joy and sadness
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:15:55 -0500
OK, that does it.  Now I'm really upset.  :(
I scanned an image from the Neopan 100ss.  This film has zilch lateral
halation that I can see.  The image is sharp down nearly to the pixel.  It
out-resolves Velvia 100 by a couple of miles.  Maybe I will give Acros a
try.

BTW, the tonalities are wonderful.  100ss is different than other B&W films
in color sensitivity, but not too bad.  Some say that 100ss is "funky".  I
doubt I'd select it for a technical image where the tonalities need to be,
uh, accurate, but it is an edgy-good film.  However, I suspect that the thin
base will make printing a little more difficult due to heat warping in the
enlarger.

AG