Re: [OM] subscibed from .gmail, but my posts are not coming back ...

Subject: Re: [OM] subscibed from .gmail, but my posts are not coming back ...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:10:56 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Sure, my outgoing server is chasque.net. If I post to [OM] through
> chasque.net, it does appear at my .gmail account. Formerly I did so
> with my adinet.com.uy account until it went into trouble, and my own
> [OM] posts came back to TB through my adinet.com.uy account (without
> return receipt request). I still can post to [OM] from chasque SMTP,
> but since I changed my subscription to this .gmail address, either my
> own posts or anyone's else posts to [OM] are kept in .gmail and do not
> download to TB.

You have to set up a new account in TB to poll Gmail and download
messages, File=>New=>Account=>Gmail. The Gmail site has a place that
shows the settings to use for POP3 access, but you probably won't need it.

> I can't guess how do you make that every email sent to you _at_.gmail,
> download to TB and therefore, to be able to accept or decline the return
> receipt request ...

TB has extensive options for handling Return Receipt requests. Global
settting is in Tools=>Options=>Advanced=>General Tab=>Return Receipts
Button. There are then RRR settings for individual accounts,
Tools=>Account Settings=>Return Receipts.

BTW, you are the only person form whom I've ever received a return
receipt request.

> ... It's clear that TB is receiving mail from .gmail, otherwise you wouldn't
> be able to reply the TB requests ... how is it so that you have .gmail.com as
> Reply To address, but they do, in fact, reach TB?

Read above about setting up TB.

> In addition, you have a good anti-spam filter ;-)

Gmail was occasionally seeing list posts as spam. I added a filter in
Gmail so any subject with [OM] in it is not spam. Other than that, the
Gmail spam filter has been excellent.

Moose