Re: [OM] Remote triggering of OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Remote triggering of OM?
From: "tOM Trottier" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:18:39 -0400
Depends on whether you want one photo or many at a time. For 1 photo, best to
trigger
camera with winder on semi-auto. Otherwise hard to control.

Peace, tOM

On Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 2:37,
Clay Nichols <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>For years I used a sort of a slave flash firing unit from Spiratone which fit
>just right into the winder's miniplug. Firing my small Vivitar flash would
>fire the winder from yards away.
>Clay

>DrT (George Themelis) wrote:
>> Is there a way to trigger an OM camera with Winder 2 (I assume by plugging
>> some IR? unit at the Winder 2's plug) remotely (without wires)?
>>

>All that the Oly Winders and motor drives require to fire them is
>shorting the two contacts on the mini-plug plugged into it. So all sorts
>of different remote controls timers, etc.may be used.
>
>One popular one used to be a Polaroid radio remote control designed for
>the Spectra camera. I see there are still lots on eBay, including new
>ones. All one needs to do is cut off the plug on the trigger wire and
>attach the correct one for the Winder.
>
>Moose

-- Absum! --
tOM Trottier,  +1 613 860-6633
469 Ancaster Ave,  Ottawa, ON K2B 5B6  Canada
http://Information.Architecture.Abacurial.com
Est-ce c'est necessaire d'imprimer ce courriel?
  Do you really need to print this email?