[OM] the small Pen FV project images

Subject: [OM] the small Pen FV project images
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:49:37 +0200
Hello everybody,

I just got the envelope back of the first roll of film through the pen FV.
Two weeks ago I went for a little "work sabbatical" of three days to
the small (former) farm of friends in Heks, a very nice small town
nearby while they were away for a week.
I took the pen because I wanted to make them a gift in form af a frame
with details of around the house and the animals. When work was
slowing down I just went away from the screen and wondered around to
make some pictures, as well when taking care of the animals.

It was a very nice experience, from loading the roll to taking the
pictures and now looking at them. I took a little handheld Gossen Bix
meter and used the 3Ti manual experience. No chimping & histograms :).
A few were "too fast" and without thinking and under or overexposed. I
tried to make as few as possible doubles, but the digital "bracket"
mode still got me a few times :)

The best thing of the Pen series is the vertical image I really like,
and so the camera was only used in horizontal mode.

I took a guess and delivered the film for cheapest development
possible at "schlecker" here in town.
(It is german discount chain). 38 prints, two per print (they didn't
see halfframe for a long time) and enlarged by I guess 15 % so the
outer were always cut. I also asked for the CD as an experiment and
got 38 1560*1024 double scans, resulting in about 1024*768 images :).

The untouched images can be seen here in original order:

<http://picasaweb.google.com/zuikooh/PenFVProjectTheFirstAlbum?authkey=Gv1sRgCK7Z3pTxrvquaQ&feat=directlink>

I enjoyed this very much, and my wife said: you should do this more
(what else could I wish for :).

Iwert

ps: technical info: Pen FV, 42mm f1.2 (most), 38mm f3.5 macro (some),
150mm f4 (one) and Kodak Portra 160 VC