Re: [OM] Sainte-Chapelle was: Moscow seen through an OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Sainte-Chapelle was: Moscow seen through an OM
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 21:15:38 -0300
Yes Chuck, that was perhaps my main problem which I was lucky to work
out with the help of Carlos.

Still didn't find the final solution, but my workflow was flawed at its
very first step: judging color balance and exposure when
transilluminating the slide.
I had been using a cold-daylight 6500ºK Philips lamp and a white
diffuser, but light was too strong and showed me either a red or magenta
shift, depending on the amount of blue or yellow in the slide.

Still don't know how to build a 'perfect' lightbox, I'm using the same
lamp but doubled the distance and make adjustments acknowledging this
light-source bias. Sometimes I use my Kodak Carousel projector on a good
silver screen at short distance, no farther than 3 m. Sometimes I guess.
Sometimes I take again my reference physics book :-)

Fernando.

--
Dr. Fernando González Gentile M.D.
Av.L.P.Ponce 1526B - 11600 Montevideo, Uruguay.