[OM] ( OM ) Two great poster prints framed, and a Spring exercise

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Two great poster prints framed, and a Spring exercise
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:15:30 +1200
Hi all

See (again !! )

http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/index.htm

A long time ago - ie 1986, along with 3,000 others I lost my life-vocation as
the incoming Labour government in New Zealand dis-established the NZ
Forest Service ( to repay election support from the environmental lobby). A
lot of "stuff" was just given out, and I acquired two poster prints of 4x5
Kodachromes made by my old mentor. I've have had these carefully rolled
up all this time.  However, the local Art Gallery owner just announced she
has her business on the market.. She does great framing, so I had these
two prints (now very rare ) framed behind non-reflective glass, by her. These
may well be the only two in existence in pristine condition.  E-510 & DZ 14-
54 I think, hand-held. Rough and ready shots.

Next down, a printed photo of the man himself from a small print in a big
calendar we had done to honour him a few years ago. E-510 & Zuiko 50/3.5
hand-held.

The next 5? images are of a Spring outing I did yesterday. The weather was
brilliant after an appropriate storm 2 days prior. The top two were taken by a
facility employee who I befriended during my many passages past him as he
handed me a platter to sit on.

Note the long skinny legs;  and also the evidence for my contention that E.T.
was an ancestor of mine - my long knobbly fingers look just like the finger
ET put carefully on the tip of the nose of one of his humans. People say they
are artistic fingers - I say rubbish - good artists have short strong fingers
that
deliver precise control. However, just 6 weeks off my 71st anniversary and 5
years since I played with this environment, I had a great day with at least 4
hours hard at it and a lot came back ....

The other shots are pretty-much self-explanatory.  Not a demanding
environment for that kind of activity, but ideal for getting back into the
swing
of things.

The E-510 has behaved itself very well with all these. It must have caught
H1N1 a while back, to cause me to complain bitterly as I did.

Brian Swale.