Re: [OM] Guru or Flack? [was Another sunset sky from Colorado]

Subject: Re: [OM] Guru or Flack? [was Another sunset sky from Colorado]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:20:10 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Thanks much!!!  But allowing work and a leak under the sink to interfere with
> list time.  What's it coming to here?
>
> I'm embarrassed to note that I almost always forget to reset levels which is
> probably the very first step to be taken.

Levels as a first step is very rare with me, so as a practical matter
most of my images come out of ACR fairly well centered. Yours just
wasn't set to my taste for further work.  :-)

> Well, actually, I do set levels, I guess, when processing raw files.
> Exposure, shadow fill and recovery I think must be roughly equivalent to
> levels.

Kinda, sorta. One may do some of the same sort of thing, if you include
Fill Light, but with high DR RAW files, you start to run into
limitations at the ends of the histogram when moving the middle.

Moose