Re: [OM] Ultra (Traditional) Macro with the 20mm f/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Ultra (Traditional) Macro with the 20mm f/3.5
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:23:24 +0200
Wow, the "Walt bug portrait lighting" almost exactly describes
what I did with this image (Canon equipment, ring flash + off-camera
430EX). His butterfly image is beautiful though!

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/073/1/6/Poised_to_Soar_by_philosomatographer.jpg

Anyway, I forget the brand of the softbox (it's at home, and I have
only had it for
two days so far, got it as part of Clay's donation) but it attaches to
the flash using Velcro, and
if you fiddle with it you can get a substantial down-angle, like 30
degrees, right above the lens,
so it's very convenient for Macro. Not as convenient as the twin
flash, but I have no way of
properly fixing the twin flash to the filter-ring-less 20mm f/3.5 lens
at this stage, will have
to make some other plan there.