[OM] Ultra (Traditional) Macro with the 20mm f/3.5

Subject: [OM] Ultra (Traditional) Macro with the 20mm f/3.5
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:49:40 -0400
Hi Dawid,

Wonder what softbox you used?
Sometimes I like to use the T28 for critters on a Lepp bracket to
simulate the "Walt bug portriat lighting."
The sidlighting really brings out the texuture in butterfly wings.  I
often run out of light with the Z 135 with the increased working
distance at ISO 100 and typically use a 90mm macro lens with that
set-up or 400 film.  I may try substituting a T32 for one of the T28
lights for some extra umph.  A T32 with a nice light modifier is much
simpler and it can be directed down ?15 deg.

http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/tope_show_entry.php?event=8&pic=5

Mike

I hand-held this lens by putting it on a 65-116 auto tube, and using a
T32 flash firing into
a soft box. Very compact setup, I must say. I am most impressed how,
with the right focusing screens,
you can focus this lens even stopped down to f/11, without modeling
lights, at such high magnifications.

I'm going to have fun with this lens. Thanks Clay!
Dawid