Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:08:42 +0100
There was a mains power pack for the flash with modelling lights (ie
powering both the TPC and the modelling lights) called F.AC Adaptor 3, but
you can discount any chance of finding one, as I have seen but one in the
last ten years.  If I remember it was withdrawn very quickly after release,
following failure to meet safety specs.

And you can also discount using the PBG2, for (as noted by John Hermanson in
the past day or so) it outputs 300volts direct to the capacitor of the
attached T32 (or TPC).

Designed for the job are the M.6V Power Pack 1 (four AA batteries) and 2
(four D batteries) which are usually catalogued as part of the motor drive
group (they can also power the winders 1 & 2).

Come to think of it, I might have one or other.....

Piers