Re: [OM] Guru or Flack? [was Another sunset sky from Colorado]

Subject: Re: [OM] Guru or Flack? [was Another sunset sky from Colorado]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:05:15 -0400
One thing I can never recall being discussed is the role of long OTF
exposure and reciprocity failure.  Somehow, I suspect that the 1970s and
1980s electronics of the OM system do not compensate for reciprocity
failure and, even if they did, films vary considerably.  From data on
the web, Provia 100F is remarkably immune to reciprocity failure out to
3 minutes and the error is probably negligible to double that or longer.
  Presumably, this is why Ken chose Provia 100F.

For a less tolerant film how does one make a correct exposure?  Take a
test shot, consult the reciprocity table for the test exposure and lie
to the camera via the ISO dial for the real exposure?

Chuck Norcutt