Re: [OM] SSN (Re: Unusual? Olympus Trip 35 camera)

Subject: Re: [OM] SSN (Re: Unusual? Olympus Trip 35 camera)
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:09:53 +0200
George,

I thought you lived in the US -- and you don't know what an SSN is??

Every legal resident of the US has (or should have) a Social Security
Number, it has nothing to do with citizenship. Mine was issued to me
when I was in Buffalo in 1979-80, on a student visa.

It is supposedly difficult to get information on a living person's
SSN, but getting the info for dead people is easier. I suppose that is
particularly useful in states like Illinois where voting from beyond
the grave is common :-)

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain