Re: [OM] IMG: Information Needed on Cause of Lawn Circle

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Information Needed on Cause of Lawn Circle
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:00:40 -0400
I think they're complimentary.  Step one is to use the corn meal to kill
the fungus (any fungus).  Any other steps (fertilizer and deep watering)
only serve to facilitate the regrowth of the grass in its competition
with the fungi.  The cornmeal is cheap.  I'd do both starting with the
cornmeal.

Chuck Norcutt

Jim Nichols wrote:
> Thanks for the reference, Charlie.  I think I could have either Brown Patch
> or a Fairy Ring problem. Both are covered in your linked reference.  They
> make reference to penetrating the area to allow deep watering and the use of
> a wetting agent.  One response on the LUG was to broadcast a dry detergent
> over the area, which, with watering, could accomplish the same thing.  I
> suspect that the "detergent" approach might be better that using corn meal.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

>>> for a hint on the cause of a circle of dead grass that is very well