[OM] IMG: Information Needed on Cause of Lawn Circle

Subject: [OM] IMG: Information Needed on Cause of Lawn Circle
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 12:52:10 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I know there are many knowledgable people on these two lists. I am looking for
a hint on the cause of a circle of dead grass that is very well defined on my
lawn and extends, faintly, into the adjoining lawn.

I recall that a cherry tree once existed in this general area in the
neighboring lawn. I had a maple in my yard that was damaged by a wind storm and
removed.  However, neither of these was near the center of the circle.  I have
heard that maple roots can cause problems in grass, but no previously-existing
root circle matches what I now observe.

Anyone got a suggestion?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Lawn+Circle.jpg.html

Jim Nichols