Re: [OM] Antivirus?

Subject: Re: [OM] Antivirus?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:33:35 -0400
Interesting.  But I have experienced none of that with Avast.  But then
I've never heard of the VBS-Solow virus.  I gave up on Symantec years
ago but I think they're still the best source of virus info.  See:
<http://www.symantec.com/security_response/threatexplorer/azlisting.jsp?azid=V>
and scroll down to VBS.Solow

Symantec identifies 6 different flavors of the worm VBS.Solow (B, C, D,
E, F, G)  All are considered low threat and not widely spread.  All are
classed as easily contained and easily removed.  All have technical
details and complete removal instructions.  Click on the appropriate links.

Chuck Norcutt