Re: [OM] You know you are in Iowa...

Subject: Re: [OM] You know you are in Iowa...
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:35:08 -0400
LOL! Peta is crazy. I had a teacher in high school who was a Peta member and
he tried to get us to feed our cats and dogs a vegetarian diet. My cat says
that a food bowl without meat is cruelty to cats. I think that dogs would
agree with him.

Check out this picture I took in Louisville, Kentucky a few yrs ago.
Louisville was the birthplace of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken, a fast food
chain in the USA), and the company is still headquartered there. Peta
protests KFC locations in Louisville frequently. You have to see the car the
Peta members drove!

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/fine_art/portfolio/louisville/photopages/l
ouisville-53.htm

For the non-USA members of the list, the old man depicted on the car is
Colonel Harlan Sanders, the founder of KFC. His face is famous here because
he appeared in the company's TV ads wearing a white suit and carrying a
cane, as shown on the Peta car. LOL He did not, however, kill chickens in
the ads. Hehe

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography