Re: [OM] Mixing photography with jazz - what a nice idea

Subject: Re: [OM] Mixing photography with jazz - what a nice idea
From: khen lim <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:14:56 +0800
I had a whole stack of Verve label vinyls but unfortunately while living in
Australia, my dad (in Malaysia) decided to sell the whole shipload of
decades of LPs including my fabled collection. All's lost now, sad to say.
K.

PS: I remember one that I loved so much I could cry because of the loss -
it's a Polydor Verve record of the late Joe Pass doing a virtuoso duo with
Ella Fitzgerald. Verve's love affair with black-and-white images is as
legendary as their passion for jazz. I miss this era so much.

2009/8/15 Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Despite Phil Woods was consistently voted as the best altoist during the
> years I read Down Beat magazine, I've found recordings of him rather
> hard to find. In fact, I only own a vinyl: The Young Bloods Prestige
> 7080, PWoods / Donald Byrd.
>
> Fernando.
>
> Sue Pearce wrote:
> > You can still hear Lonnie Smith and Herbie Hancock, but don't know about
> > Roscoe Mitchell. Don't forget Phil Woods while you can.
> > \
> > Bill Pearce
> >

> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people” - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney