Re: [OM] The Sound of Cropduster in the Morning

Subject: Re: [OM] The Sound of Cropduster in the Morning
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:27:53 -0500

> That must be a limited edition a/c that I haven't seen before. I like the
> control authority of the rudder.  Looks like a real "pilot's airplane".
> Good shot with a clear profile of the pilot. Not easily achieved.

Thank you.  This was shot directly into the low sun.  I did update the
picture with additional information.  It's an Eagle DW-1 of which 95 were
built.  65 remain registered in the USA.

The plane is rather unusual in that it has very long, narrow and tapered
wings. Cockpit visibility is excellent and the plane was designed for
survivability.  One of them was severely damaged last year during an
extremely strong thunderstorm which flipped it over, broke the tiedowns and
cartwheeled across the tarmac.

AG