Re: [OM] OT Crocc-ed foot a good break-fall

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Crocc-ed foot a good break-fall
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:21:35 -0400
Reminds me of my father's earthquake escape kit.  Before moving to
Henderson, Nevada (next to Las Vegas) my parents lived in Burbank,
California.  He never paid much attention to earthquakes until the
Northridge quake physically threw them out of bed.  They spent the night
in the car in the driveway, afraid to go back into the house.  That one
scared him and from then on he kept a duffel bag under the bed with a
pair of heavy boots for each of them (to walk over the broken glass) and
a two pound hammer and various other tools (to beat his way out of the
collapsed house).

Chuck Norcutt