[OM] How the day wound up

Subject: [OM] How the day wound up
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:40:32 -0500
I spent the last hours of good light today, from about 4 PM to 8,
riding hither and yon on the trusty motorrad and shooting about 25
frames of Kodachrome 25.  Rode about 100 miles and only briefly left
the county.  I generally followed an ellipse with the farthest point
about 25 miles from home, but there were three or four excursions from
the main route to check light, subjects, and shoot if I could.

After waxing eloquent the other day about the virtues of auto mode on
the OM-4, I think I'm going to keep using multispot but switch to
manual mode as long as I am shooting this slow slow film handheld.
I'm going to take the reciprocal of the lens length, set that for my
shutter speed, do my spot readings and then just take whatever
aperture I get.  It's really a challenge to shoot ASA 25 especially as
the light goes.  I felt like Galen Rowell shooting the sunset tonight
as I ran around looking for something on which to brace the camera.

But these are good problems to have.  It was really a fun evening.

Joel W.