Re: [OM] Time to ask this question - batteries for OM-1?

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to ask this question - batteries for OM-1?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 21:18:43 -0700
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> ... Another nuance:  the MR-9 adapters used to specify a 357, which was just
> perfect for us, since we all had them for our other bodies.  The most recent
> versions specify a 386, which is a bit of a bummer.  I don't know why the
> manufacturer changed this -- perhaps it was the form factor again, though
> they could have gotten that from an SR44.

No, the 386 is the same diameter as the old 357, et.al., but thinner.
The change is to accommodate a new mechanical design using a different
diode form factor.

> Having said all that I'm guess a 357 probably works OK with the current batch
> of MR-9s.

I must have been one of the first to buy the new MR9s from John. He
included 357s with them. I noticed that the battery cap wouldn't screw
quite all the way down. The meter worked, but something wasn't quite
right. I let John know about the change. Seems CRIS made the change,
with battery requirement duly noted in small print on the package,
without giving resellers a heads up.

Moose