Re: [OM] 35mm lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm lens?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 16:42:35 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> Chris is correct. There was a short transition time.  The X.Zuiko is usually
> an indicator of earlier series with a nose-job.

I think Zuikoholics here and elsewhere have confused two entirely
separate events that happened to overlap in time.

The nose ring change from x.ZUIKO to plain Zuiko, without the prefix
letter, was a specific indication of an engineering change to multicoating.

The change from silver nose to black nose was a cosmetic design change,
unrelated to what was inside the lens.

Can't prove it, but that's what I've concluded from the endless info on
this point that I've encountered.

Moose