Re: [OM] Step-up ring Zuiko 18mm lens OM System

Subject: Re: [OM] Step-up ring Zuiko 18mm lens OM System
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:03:36 EDT

In a message dated 8/7/2009 4:30:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
oiwert@xxxxxxx writes:

Is there  anyone out there who could supply me with a (brandnew) step up
ring for an  OM System Zuiko 18mm lens ?

With patience you will find one.  My experience has been that you need  the
Olympus version as the other non-Olympus versins of a 49-72mm step up ring
(which is what this is) will not work.  The 49mm end is too thick and will
not fit in the place it needs to fit on your lens.  If my assessment of the
 problem is incorrect, I'm sure others will let us know. I had an extra a
few  years ago, however it has long since gone to another list member.   Bill
Barber