[OM] Shims for focusing screens in OM?

Subject: [OM] Shims for focusing screens in OM?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 13:32:24 -0400
Very clear that many Canyon offerings may front or back focus through
the VF using MF .  I believe that the  OM 5DII has a small shim for the
screen and replacemnts both thicker and thinner are available.  The
range of "in spec" for servicing is disturbingly wide, unless
a nice technician is encountered.  Have not seen this issue mentioned
much with OM.  Perhaps a MF system is manufactured to
tighter tolerances?  It would be more of a pain to check of course.
Wonder if John can check this somehow.  I know from
many very narrow dof shots in macro at 1:1 or greater that at least 2
bodies I have are spot on or very close.

A not really looking for trouble,
Mike

Oh, then this issue also needs to be considered of course for digital
film for zuikos.  Posted this before:

http://www.jayandwanda.com/photography/dslr_man_focus/man_focus.html