Re: [OM] This looks like a deal - 300mm & 100mm Zuiko glass at $299

Subject: Re: [OM] This looks like a deal - 300mm & 100mm Zuiko glass at $299
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:59:37 -0400
Not really....

Suffering from a severe case of Zuikolitis, I have been checking every
Olympus OM ebay auction.  So, I know that the same seller sold the same lot
for only $208.45 (I was watching it).  Here is the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280378398797

Now, they are posting the same exactly auction wiith an added $299 "buy it
now" as an option.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280381389101

I asked what happened to the first auction and did not go through.  Their
reply is that the first auction did go through, but they have more than one
of these lenses for sale.  "They all look the same", they assured me.

Any seller who recycles their pictures is not to be trusted IMO.  But since
they do not show any details, like clear pictures, serial numbers, etc.,
then the pictures are "generic" so they can be recycled.  An extra reason
not to do business with these people.  (Note: I often don't follow my own
advice.)

Also, you can buy the 300mm lens for around $150 at KEH.  So $299 today for
these two lenses is not a bargain.  The "free market" priced this lot at
$208.45 a day ago.

George