Re: [OM] Somewhat off-topic, if food is ever off topic on this list

Subject: Re: [OM] Somewhat off-topic, if food is ever off topic on this list
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 06:33:18 +0100
I look forward to the day, Ken: a Zuikofest near Kansas City :-)

But that restaurant has the common problem with spiciness, it seems to
me.  It calls the Vindaloo "***hot", but that dish is not meant to be
hot.  It's a gentle dish, cooked for a reasonable amount of time with
several spices but it's not supposed to be hot.  In the UK most curry
houses have it as hot as well, just because the Brits have come to
expect it like that ...

Chris