Re: [OM] sunset this evening

Subject: Re: [OM] sunset this evening
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 01:25:42 -0300
Very nice !! - I could hardly find the whale, but I find it amazing how
did you manage to keep foreground shadow detail.

Congratulations, Mike.

Following an old advice of yours, I made a new version of "summer storm
at Maldonado bay", just to try Ken's technique to rescue shadow detail.

Obviously, still need some practice: I'm not completely satisfied,
'though now there are details in the shadows.

I found it difficult to match colors after making analog gain, but it
also seems I committed a little of over sharpening since I applied some
IntelliSharpen II to the final .jpg, and am not too familiar with the
appropriate values to apply. Nonetheless, you won't find any trace of
halo, even at 200% in the original .tiff

Anyway, here it is (again ... ! - sorry, list) - aRGB [beware].

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3726128438/sizes/o/>

link goes directly to a 1280 pixel-wide .jpg.

previous version here (same warnings apply):

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/3409981821/sizes/o/>

Fernando.

Mike Lazzari wrote:
> One of the more spectacular sunsets I've seen in a while happened about
> 2 hours ago. Mountains, tugboats, whales, clouds and a rainbow! All
> happening at once. Here's one shot.
>
> Mike

Are there more shots? - didn't find the rainbow in this one - should
look again.

BTW, is there any reason to upload the .jpg without a tagged color profile?

If there is ¿how do you turn Color Management to Off in CS3? Cannot find
that choice in Color Settings in my copy of CS3 ... :-(