Re: [OM] IMGs: big septennial procession

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: big septennial procession
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:10:55 +0200
Hello Chris, Jez, Nathan and Dawid,

Chris, it is the last big procession in Belgium as well. There are
some smaller ones however, very similar
held every seven years in Hasselt and Maastricht.
It really lives in this town, only downside is it is only once in 7
years. In the time in between, nothing seems to happen:)
It is part of a huge tradition as well. I think 65% of the
participants is not a practising catholic anymore, but it brings
people together. Our street wanted to do something "special" this time
and we hung the flowers.
It is not that much about the flowers for me, but we renewed contact
end interest in each other through this, which is very nice.
I'll miss them the next 6 years :)

Nathan, I think the Spanish took it with them when they left the low
lands for Iberia:)

Jez,I should have mentioned it earlier... you're welcome in 7 years :)
I put all the images on-line for the neighbours and friends
participating, so they're not all the best. There was indeed a mayor
Matthieu Rutten (of CVP now CDenV) from 1977-1982. (long live
wikipedia... I only joined in here about 12 years ago, so I'm not very
much into "recent history").

Dawid, thanks for the good suggestion. There are a few images I'ld
like to work on, but the weather is too nice.
The 100/2 is my favourite, it does well on anything I mount it to, and
has the aperture ring in the right spot :)

Iwert