Re: [OM] film for lens tests

Subject: Re: [OM] film for lens tests
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:48:46 +0200
Hi Edward and all,

> From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
> Technidol is still available a few places if you look hard enough.

I do have a few doses (sp?) of it, but I'm not sure about their state --
developers keep much worse than film!

> The film is even easier to find (ebay) and keeps well.

I have a couple of rolls... but on ebay usually fetch high prices! :-(

> Barring technidol, Photographer's Formulary have other normal-contrast
> developers that work well with TP.

In Spain, I know there is (or was) a similar alternative: "Technipan" (IIRC)
from "Buenas Impresiones", but have no experience with it or any product
from the brand -- highly acclaimed here, it seems. Not cheap, though.

> Technidol keeps quite well actually, it's in liquid form inside mylar
> packets, well sealed in a vacuum. So, in effect it keeps better than most
> any other developer I can think of.

Funny, I have it in small brown bottles -- bought in early 90's, I think.

> Ektar 100 is great, the best currently-available color neg film available,
> I think.  Grain is almost as good as Ektar 25 (Some say it's AS good).

It deserves some consideration. I'm not much into colour negatives, but I
think I shoud refine my scanning technique.

Thanks for your input,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)