Re: [OM] Photography in Iowa?

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography in Iowa?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:33:40 -0500

> I was thinking you're in Toronto?  Central Illinois is quite flat but
> as soon as you cross the Mississippi the fields appear to undulate.
> Eastern Iowa in general while not hilly is also not flat.  Perhaps it
> is a matter like snow among the Eskimo -- perhaps we just have 17
> different words for "flat"!

We'll go for a bicycle ride and you'll learn just what "flat" in Iowa means.
 ;)

I've been using my new GPS on the bicycle.  Yesterday, on a 10 mile ride, I
had almost 3000 feet of climbs (and obviously the same amount of descents).
Six of those miles were on gravel road, so it does get a bit wild sometimes
whipping down a steep hill about 40mph. Went sideways a couple of times, but
the Cannondale's wheelbase being longer than the average MTB helps to keep
it from being too twitchy, but that large-diameter aluminum tubing does
nothing to absorb the bumps.

AG