Re: [OM] Photography in Iowa?

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography in Iowa?
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:03:26 -0500
On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Michael
Collins<MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7/12/09 10:21 PM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>> Seriously, Michael, let us know when you're in CR and we'll try to
>> have a Zuik gathering in your honor.  Chuck got a drenching storm when
>> he came through (or actually I came through it to get to him).  Maybe
>> we'll be able to improve on that a bit.
>>
>> Joel W.
>
> Appreciated, will do. It'll take a week or two to settle in - I start August
> 3. (I was going to say, "to get the lay of the land", but I presume it's one
> word - flat!) I may then choose to stay some weekends.
>
> Michael

I was thinking you're in Toronto?  Central Illinois is quite flat but
as soon as you cross the Mississippi the fields appear to undulate.
Eastern Iowa in general while not hilly is also not flat.  Perhaps it
is a matter like snow among the Eskimo -- perhaps we just have 17
different words for "flat"!

Joel W.