Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 26: just a quiet week

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 26: just a quiet week
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 07:44:13 -0400
I wondered about that when I was in the UK a few years ago. Bud signs
were everywhere, but I avoided ordering any. Too many other beers to
try. <g> But I did wonder if it's brewed in the UK to a different
standard than the swill that passes for beer over here. But then when
I was first acquiring my beer taste, many years ago, there were no
microbrews, and I was a Schlitz man. Never did cotton to Bud. But then
I pretty much quit drinking beer for decades, until we moved to New
England and I got my first Sam Adams. (Before it went big-time.) Then
the microbrew explosion, and now I rarely let more than a couple of
days go by without having a pint or two of something truly obscure.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com