Re: [OM] Using FL-50R, wedding sample pictures, Eneloop batts, etc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Using FL-50R, wedding sample pictures, Eneloop batts, etc...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 19:41:33 -0400
I'm still not quite sure how to use Match Color but I just did do a
little experiment with the shell and (sort of) duplicated your results.
  With some more practice I think I'll have it.  And I do agree it's
much better over a large area where there *is* luminance data to work
with.  As you noted, David's shot had no luminance data at all so
everything had to be constructed from scratch.  I think the best
approach there was painting under mask.  If you us a low opacity and
flow rate then you can create a bit of variation here and there such
that it doesn't look artificial.

Chuck Norcutt