[OM] Gettin' Ready for the Fireworks

Subject: [OM] Gettin' Ready for the Fireworks
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 18:16:45 -0400
My wife and I took a stroll down to the local park where the vendors are
setting up for tonight's July 4th fireworks display.  For non-US
residents especially, it shows a little bit of 4th of July Americana...
as practiced in upstate New York at least... but without the fireworks
which are yet to happen.  But we will watch them from our front yard
tonight while sitting in our lawn chairs.  :-)

The grassy area shown is normally used for baseball and soccer games
and, on the far side of the field (but not shown) one of the local
area's six famous Alan Herschel carousels.
<http://www.pbase.com/bill_b/carousel_horses>

Food shacks shown include "spiedies" (grilled meat marinated in Italian
spices), sausages, lemonade, funnel cakes (batter deep fried in oil and
covered with powdered sugar... in the left hand of the guy with the
backpack standing in front of the "lemon") and southern style barbecued
brisket and pulled pork.

Also shown:  A beautiful senorita with red hair (well, she will be in
about 10 years), sixties rock-n-roll for us sixties type folks and a
Blue Angel formation taken from too far for a 135mm lens (since the
performance was actually being given about 6-8 miles away)

<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Highland%20Park%20-%20July%204%20%2709/>

Chuck Norcutt