[OM] convince me i'm a genius (or mad)

Subject: [OM] convince me i'm a genius (or mad)
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:26:05 -0700
Going to be in London July 5-29. Trying to convince myself E3+50/1.4
Zuiko is perfectly fine for what I like (street and people). The
naysayer in me is screaming to stick to the 12-60ZD, more range, much
much faster (AF), can shoot from the hop (AF again). But it's big, and
screams PHOTOGRAPHER. Granted the E3 itself isn't petite, but with the
50, it looks just right, and rather old fashioned at that, so I feel
less conspicuous.

I suppose I could take both, and decide and swap, but there's
something about a single lens that make you work a bit more to get a
shot, or think, that's enjoyable, and taking the time to focus and be
a part of the process of making the photo, vs click whir klunk snap in
a the blink of an eye.

Granted, whenever I'm walking about with the 50, there have been times
when I wished I had the 12-60 instead, for quick snaps from the hip,
and almost never the other way around. But I tend to like and keep
what few shots I get on the 50, vs sorting through myriad on the
12-60, tossing the lot for the most part.

So, what will it be? Prime and put some effort into getting what I
want? Or zoom, for the instant and flexible nature?

Please don't say both. Or you could, I suppose.

Oh, and option 3 is the E3+200/4 Zuiko for people (I like
photographing people) , and maybe a Canon A series point and shoot.