Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm ƒ/4,5 <--> 85~250mm ƒ/5 shootout, by Chu

Subject: Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm ƒ/4,5 <--> 85~250mm ƒ/5 shootout, by Chuck.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 17:10:48 -0400
It would have been nice to do a more controlled test indoors with flash
(no wind or changing light) but it's difficult to shoot at 40-50 times
focal length indoors in a small house at 300mm  (I'll save you the math,
that's 12-15 meters.  The 85-250 is clearly softer wide open at 250mm
than the 300/4.5.  But the difference narrows pretty quickly on stopping
down.  Pixel peeping 12.7MP images not shown here.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt