Re: [OM] IMG: three new panoramas

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: three new panoramas
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:43:17 +0200
<<
I would not think so either (the aperture used was f11, BTW). Exposure
was constant as well, except for one thing--I had left the camera on
auto ISO, so it could be that ISO was changed from 160 to 320 for some
of the images.

You have to explain why, in a costant azimut, for every shot containing
the sky, the sky is brighter in the middle of the shot and darker at
the borders changing with a constant gradient. That is only consistent
with vignetting. BTW we are speaking about a 24 mm, the other shots
with the 50 mm don't exibit this problem.
You could try a test with an uniform target: with a dark sky at night,
shot a some seconds image pointing to the zenit, and soon afterwards
another one pointing maybe 30 degree from the zenit and measure the
density in the same area of the sky (the center in the first image and
the related area in the second image).

Ralf Loi