Re: [OM] Zuiko 90/2.0 Macro diaphragm spring died??

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90/2.0 Macro diaphragm spring died??
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 06:17:48 -0700 (PDT)
Sometimes the (plastic?) spring attachment breaks, so the spring is intact but
not connected. I repaired a regular OM lens years back using cyanoacrilate
("instant") "GEL" glue, to craft a little replacement hook. The gels are very
strong if you use a little accelerator and can be molded into shape before
hardening using the tip of a small screwdriver.
If you go to a RC model shop they usually sell a variety of viscosity
cyanoacrilate glues along with bottles of accelerator liquid. Use *** only a
thick gel ** and a small amount of accelerator. Too much accelerator and it
bubbles and weakens. The accelerators will work with almost any cayanoacrilate,
not just the same vendors product.

Don't even think of using liquid cyanoacrilate glue!

Tim Hughes