Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:58:02 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> .....  I think what I want is the Panasonic G1 and its EVF but without that
> silly pentaprism hump.

Try sketching out an EVF camera. Start with the E-P1, then tell me where
else one can put the display and optical system to view it. It really
should be in line with the lens, the rest of the body is full of other
stuff, the back behind the lens is a big LCD. So it's on top or bottom.
Either it sticks out or the whole top plate gets raised up with nothing
to put in there.

> I also want the articulating screen for macro

Me too, but that's one of the things that makes a different EVF
location/design impossible.

> and would like Oly's in-body IS although that's not critical.  I guess I'll
> have to wait for the EP-2 or EP-3 or maybe even the EP-4Ti.

Again, either the camera gets taller, the LCD gets shorter or the EVF
goes on top.

Moose