Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:49:02 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:

> ... Olympus lost their way with the 4/3 system. The fact that they ceased the
> OM system with the introduction of the OM-3Ti says that they lost their way
> prior to 1993.

Ah c'mon, they failed in technical design and the marketplace. Oly's
first AF cameras didn't perform as well as the competition and they had
horrendous QA problems. They FUed to the point where camera store
salespeople would actively steer customers anyplace else, to avoid the
inevitable after sale problems.

They put themselves out of the AF DSLR business.

> <another big snip>
>
> And it is actually far more groundbreaking than I think any of us understand.

I agree, although apparently you and I understand. Heck, maybe even a
few other special souls.

Moose