Re: [OM] Rescue Pro software

Subject: Re: [OM] Rescue Pro software
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:32:38 +0100
2009/6/14 Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>  When recovering images after the directory has
> been destroyed there is no way to recognize the end of an image other
> than the header at the start of another image.

I believe you're mistaken there, Chuck. The info I've seen says that
there's an End of Image marker in there somewhere, so unless that's
been overwritten or corrupted, the end can be detected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG

http://www.obrador.com/essentialjpeg/headerinfo.htm

for 2 examples.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer