Re: [OM] london meet

Subject: Re: [OM] london meet
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:16:17 +0100
Cc: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks, James.

We met, Andrew, Jon and I somewhere on Piccadilly before wandering
down St James's, past Clarence House (where we gawked at a guardsman
on duty), through a bit of St James's Park and on to Whitehall, to the
Red Lion pub; I used to go there at lunchtime, during my tour at the
Ministry of Defence, in an attempt to regain some sanity.  After a
couple of beers and lunch we went to Parliament Square, spoke to Brian
Haw <http://www.parliament-square.org.uk/> and his chums, briefly
visited the bridge next to the London Eye and parted.

It was v. good to meet Andrew at last, and to see Jon in his last few
weeks before fatherhood wreaks its unavoidable changes.

Here are a couple of photos.  You can see from one photo that Andrew
can put on carmudgeon-mode if it suits him ... :-) He (or Jon) then
used my little G7 to catch a photo of me while I was using my iPhone.
I have copied this to Andrew direct so if anyone sees some photos
missing at a later date you might infer that he has censored the
selection :-)

http://gallery.me.com/zuiko#100077

Chris