Re: [OM] reasonably priced 3Ti 270400363196 you know where

Subject: Re: [OM] reasonably priced 3Ti 270400363196 you know where
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 00:06:20 +0800
A slower lens will help a little but this is not the key. Fine calibration
is required if you wanted to ensure no focus shift during zooming. I
calibrated many Zuiko zooms (and also the two Tamrons I just acquired) in
order to ensure the focus does not change during zooming, this is more
critical for the wide zooms.

I suspected the modern AF lenses are more difficult to ensure for this
aspect as the AF mechanism (lens element group) need some space for movement
(can't be too tight). I see some lenses even have different sharpness from
left to right side, this including a Tamron 28-300mm, DZ 11-22mm, Tarmon
24-135mm, DZ 14-42mm. I also heard some stories about the poor quality
control/standard of Canyon, people keep purchasing the lens until they found
a best one, the rest just sell it out.

C.H.Ling