Re: [OM] Intellisharpen II - HELP

Subject: Re: [OM] Intellisharpen II - HELP
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 02:39:16 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> no, on the contrary - I unchecked anything but a codec for apple lossless.
>
> nevertheless, Oxford University told me that QT7 was the cause which made
> their dictionary fail to launch. they sent me some patches which didn't work
> (OALD7, its name). after installed, QT7.5 seems to have made two things
> (everything unchecked but that option): ruined the possibility of using
> OALD7, and named PS .jpg as QT pictures - I wouldn't mind if this were a mac
> ... (icon, btw, is Ps - but windows explorer tells me it's a QTPicture -
> annoying !.

I'm running QT7.6, with no trouble with JPG files. No way I can help
with Oxford, I'm a Cal man myself. :-)

For the other problem:
- Start QT
- Edit=>Preferences=>Quick Time Preferences
- Select Browser tab
- Click on File Types... button
- Uncheck .jpg and .jpeg. (and anything else that strikes you as
inappropriate for QT to be default for.
- Click Save.

This was easy to find. Don't give up so easily.

Like my experience with other Apple apps on Windoze, QT want to rule the
world. When I started it up from the Programs menu for the first time
(rather than being auto called up to play something), I got a pop-up
that says:

"Some of the file types associated with Quick Time applications are
currently associated with other applications. Should I restore these
file type associations to Quick Time?" [Note how the application
anthropomorphizes itself!]

I clicked the Don't ask again box, then the No box. :-)

Moose