Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Missed a nice lens :-((
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 18:27:51 -0400
My sniper is set for 8 seconds.  Other than one time (out of about 100)
where it didn't get the bid in on time it has always worked as expected.
  Of course, I frequently get outbid but that doesn't require someone
getting in after your 14 second lead time... only that someone placed a
  higher maximum bid either before or after yours.

It appears to me that the winning bidder submitted a snipe bid with 7
seconds to go with a bid that was higher than the winning amount.  Since
the maximum bid at that time was $541.50 and the minimum bid increment
above $500 is $10 the system automatically created a bid for him that
was $10 higher.  No one else came in with a higher price so he won.  No
telling what he was actually willing to pay.  I think you were simply
outbid and your snipe timing didn't have anything to do with it.

Chuck Norcutt