[OM] Alien Bee radio slaves

Subject: [OM] Alien Bee radio slaves
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:33:40 -0400
I don't know if I reported back on the Alien Bee slaves or not.  I used
them over the Memorial Day weekend and they worked perfectly.  However,
there is one point that takes some getting used to.  Neither the
transmitter nor receivers have "off" switches.  But the receivers do
have slowly blinking activity lights that indicates they have been
turned on with the "on" button.  They do turn themselves off
automatically one hour after the last input which can be either pushing
the "on" button or the receipt of a flash signal.  It's just a little
bit disconcerting to put them away in their carry bag while their little
LEDs are still blinking.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt