Re: [OM] The Glendenning's Garden

Subject: Re: [OM] The Glendenning's Garden
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 22:53:13 -0700
Jez Cunningham wrote:
> Thanks for taking the time to look.  In my laziness I just uploaded the
> camera jpegs and I haven't had time to play with the raws yet.  To be honest
> I was playing with multiple exposures in that session - under-exposing by 3
> stops and taking 8 shots of which I intended to blend several together in
> post.  I wasn't happy with the results because the petal edges are only well
> defined when seen against the background and not against each other.  So the
> blend is just a mass of red.

Assuming you can use a low ISO, there's just no need for so many
brackets. There's nothing in those images that requires more dynamic
range than your camera can deliver. You don't need to worry about
shadows, so shoot to hold the reds in the histogram

I know people are doing the multiple-multiple bracket thing, but it's
only really necessary very seldom. They are doing it because they can,
or because it's fun or because they don't know how to use their editor.

> All the same I'm impressed with the flowers themselves.  We only bought the
> house 11 months ago so everything coming up in the garden is a surprise!Jez

How wonderful!

Moose