Re: [OM] [OT] best movie I've seen this millenium!

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] best movie I've seen this millenium!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:27:42 -0700
Carol went to see it at a matinée the day it came out. LOVED it. I can
wait for the DVD. I enjoyed the original, but slipped away during the
many re-imaginings.

Andrew Fildes wrote:

> Saw it the day it came out. Disgraceful. Wrote themselves into a hole so big
> that they're going to have to jump timelines to fix it. (And I don't think
> multiple timelines was part of the original remit).

Glad to see that your curmudgeonly ways may to be seeping back. I was
worried that all that studio work with the girls was softening you. :-)

I thought Star Trek went past the original remit long ago.

Ken Norton wrote:
> I haven't seen it yet, but will probably wait until it comes out on DVD as we
> usually have to use the "closed caption" feature if the mixing wasn't done
> right (which it rarely is).

One of Carol's few, small faults is that she is almost incapable of
watching closed captioning. If the words are being spelled out, she sees
them instead of the video part. Rules out the occasional UK import with
inscrutable Midlands or Scots accents on TV. I'm the opposite. If I can
undrstand the dialog, I'm just not aware of the subtitles.

Moose