Re: [OM] Vertigo and BPPV, was: Glendenning's garden

Subject: Re: [OM] Vertigo and BPPV, was: Glendenning's garden
From: Scott and Barb <martlet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 09:10:49 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Sorry for yet another OT on this subject...

Dizzy after Boating?  No cure but finally an explanation....

After a vacation cruise trip of one week on and off a cruise ship with a diaper
bag (a great tip from this group!) full of OM equipment I returned home only to
find that the feel of the boat never wore off.  I was still feeling the sway of
the sea.  Turns out it is not as uncommon as you would think.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/12/health/12mal.html?_r=1
http://www.mddsfoundation.org/mdds_news.html

It affects mainly women in their 40's - and I have been fortunate (?) to have
represented the male sex.
Over the last decade, I've had three bouts MDDS, another source of Vertigo.  At
the onset I had to hold on to walls to walk down a hall at work.

Some folks have had this last years.  Each of my bouts lasted 3-6 months.

Scott